Sunday, May 15, 2011

HUMILITY

"Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts.  It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all." --William Temple

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are." --Malcolm S. Forbes

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help." --Author Unknown

"Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right." --Ezra Taft Benson

"I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men."
--Lao-Tzu

"Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation." --Saint Augustine 

"I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment